Friday, December 12, 2014

Veggie Soup!

The recipe for this soup was my mom's creation.  It is a tweaked version of Oh She Glow's Holiday Soup for the Soul.  My mom has always been good about throwing ingredients together.  The best food she made when I was growing up were probably her concoctions that she just threw together.  I'm not very good at that.  I've been slowly getting better, but I still do best when I'm following a recipe.



Saute onion (I used one medium onion) and 4 gloves of garlic in olive oil until translucent.  Add celery (3 stalks), carrots(4 or 5) and parsnips (2 or 3 depending on size).  Saute those until soft.  Pour in vegetable broth (I used two 32 FL OZ boxes) and 4 cups of water.  I did two dashes of cinnamon, two dashes of nutmeg, pepper, and about 3 1/2 tbls of curry.  I added one can of black beans, butternut squash and sweet potatoes.  I eye-balled a lot of it.  I just cooked all of it until vegetables were tender and it tasted good.

This soup is amazing.  Thank you mom for teaching me this wonderful recipe!

Do you have any recipes that you made up that have come out fabulous?

"Keep Moving Forward"

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it came out so well. It looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I put a little more veggies in than you did so it came out like a stew. So yummy and filling.

      Delete