Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Spaghetti Squash

Last Tuesday, my boyfriend and I decided to celebrate Christmas early since we would not be together on the actual holiday.  We watched Black Sheep, which is one of my favorite "horror" movies.  I got it late from my Halloween list.  I knew my guy would enjoy it (he did!) so I waited until we could watch it together.



We got alcoholic ciders.


I was sick the day before so I look super tired.



I made spaghetti squash with a homemade tomato sauce with a faux Mexican chipotle sausage.  The sauce was made with a can of Italian spice diced tomatoes mixed with a second can of jalapeno and cilantro diced tomatoes.  I added a bit of mixed spices and it came out delicious.  To make the squash I cut it in half, lengthwise (actually my guy did it) and took the seeds out.  Then put the meat down on the cookie sheet in the oven at 350.  I'm not sure how long it was in the oven.  I just did it until all the meat of the squash came off like spaghetti.


This is a definite repeat meal.

Pictures of our Christmas celebration are to come!

"Keep Moving Forward"

No comments:

Post a Comment