Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Roasted Chickpeas

I've always been a fan of chickpeas or garbanzo beans.  I've only ever had them in salads or as hummus.  In order to get creative with my meals and lessen the amount of tofu I eat, I decided to try roasting chickpeas.  They are now my new favorite staple.




I use a variety of ingredients and play with flavors.  My favorite recipe that I've used so far is soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.  It was simple and delicious.  I loved the heat from the cayenne.  It added a nice flavor to the rest of the plate.  If I make roasted chickpeas, I'll usually do all vegetables or do majority vegetables with a grain (couscous, rice, quinoa, pasta, etc).

Have you cooked a food or made a recipe a different way than you're used to?

"Keep Moving Forward"

No comments:

Post a Comment