Saturday, January 31, 2015

People and Food

Meeting new people can be difficult, especially for me.  I love meeting new people and socializing, but I am quiet and observant when I first meet people.  All my close friends who lived in the city with me have moved away to start their dream careers.  I miss them like crazy.  I do need friends I can hang out with.

I was invited out to dinner last night with a group of people.  The group consisted of deaf, hard-of-hearing, and hearing who know sign language so we could all get together and chat with some good food.  I was very excited because I've been practicing interpreting with videos for so long that I don't get to use sign language often on a daily basis.



We went to the Chicago Diner in Logan Square.  I've never been to this one.  It's a different atmosphere than the one closer to me.  This one seems a little more upscale and even has a bar.  The food is still the same and delicious as always.


We shared an appetizer of Poutine which is waffle fries with Teese creamy cheddar, gravy, and green onions.  It was so YUMMY!!  I've never tried it before because it never really appealed to me.  So worth it!  I got the Cesar salad to try.  I wasn't really hungry, so this was perfect.  I didn't end up eating a lot of it, but I took it home to eat later.  Definitely something I'd have again.

The food was excellent and so was the company.  I had such a great time meeting new people and getting to know the person who invited me better.  It was such a fun night!  I'm looking forward to more nights like this in the future.

Have you done anything fun this week?

"Keep Moving Forward" 

1 comment: