Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year's Eve Celebration and Resolutions


My guy and I spent New Year's Eve together.  He got out of work late but was able to get home in time to see the ball drop in NYC.  Then we headed to Diva, a local thai restaurant and one of my favorites, for dinner.  We brought a bottle of champagne to drink and toast at midnight here in Chicago.  The staff at Diva were so great and gave out New Years hats to everyone!

It was a great way to bring in the new year.




My guy got sushi and one of them came with a flame in the middle! I thought it was so cool.


Now that it's a new year, it's also that time of the year that everyone makes new years resolutions.

I made mine two weeks ago and already started working on it.

So what is my resolution?

To stop living paycheck to paycheck, be more frugal, and save money.

I sat down and went through my finances.  I calculated my income, wrote down all my expenses and how much outside of budget I spend currently.  Then I made a list of goals to reduce finances (i.e. DIY projects, government assistance, etc), made a meal plan, and a list of saving tips.

I also made a goal to start this 52-week money saving challenge.  I will also attempt to do some of it on a daily basis to increase my savings account.


I got sick of struggling, so I aim to fix that and get on my feet financially.

What are your new year's resolutions?

"Keep Moving Forward"

No comments:

Post a Comment