Friday, June 27, 2014

What I Eat

People ask me a lot what I eat.  Usually its after I tell them I'm vegan.  Majority of people think that vegans eat fruit and vegetables and that's it.  I eat a variety of food and its never boring.
 
 
This week  I decided to try this wine.  Not going to lie, it was for the label!  haha
I've heard its not a good idea to buy wine based on the label. But look how cool this one looks!  It wasn't the best I've had but it wasn't terrible.

 
One meal I made this week was stir fried veggies with tofu.  The pile of greens is cabbage, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.  You can get them at Trader Joe's pre-chopped in a bag labeled cruciferous vegetables.  I sautéed them in olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper.  Then I sautéed mushrooms, onions, and asparagus in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes.  I added the tofu last.  The tofu was already pre-seasoned.  This was so filling and delicious.

 
Another meal I made was with the same greens as above cooked the same way.  Then I sautéed spinach with olive oil, lemon juice and pepper.  Then cooked some faux chicken nuggets and added tomatoes to the side.  This was so delicious and a repeat.
 
I try not to eat faux meat very often.  I'd rather have tofu or another form of protein.  But it's a nice variety on occasion.
 
What are some of your favorite meals?
 
"Keep Moving Forward"

2 comments: