Monday, June 9, 2014

Thai Peanut Pasta

My boyfriend and I had a movie date night.  I made Thai Peanut Pasta and we tried a new beer: Dirty Bastard.  Such a nice night in, especially since we watched The Hobbit (one of my favorite movies).  I didn't like the beer we tried, but that's how you find good ones...taste testing.  The pasta came out delicious.  Definitely a repeat meal.

 
I got some daisies.  One of my favorite flowers.


 
I got this recipe off Pinterest, which was linked to Shape.com.  I couldn't find tamarind paste so I substituted with cumin.
 
 
Ingredients:

  • 12 ounces linguine
  • 4 cups water
  • 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce (and/or fish sauce, if desired)
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 2-inch piece ginger, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
  • 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into 2-by-1/4-inch pieces
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-by-1/4-inch pieces
  • 3 green onions, halved lengthwise, cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1/2 cup dried cilantro (or flat-leaf parsley)
  • Juice of 2 limes
  •   
    Directions:
    1. Place first 12 ingredients into a large stockpot. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
    2. Cook for 5 more minutes on medium-high heat until pasta is al dente and almost all liquid has evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring pasta several times to distribute liquid in the bottom of the pot. Remove ginger and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
     
    This recipe was so yummy!  I loved every bite!
     
    "Keep Moving Forward"

    No comments:

    Post a Comment