Friday, June 20, 2014

Endless Commentary

No one seems to care how you eat until you go against society's norms.  Almost on a daily basis, people take it upon themselves to tell me how I should eat.  I chose to eat a vegan diet for my health.  But as soon as someone hears the word vegan, they think its negative, unhealthy, and that I'm going to stand on a soapbox.  That I'm going to preach about how eating meat is wrong.  I'm not that type of person.  I don't push my beliefs on others, whether it spans between religion to food.  If they ask me questions, I'm happy to answer.  I'm very open about my life, which includes being a vegan.

I saw this on Pinterest today and I had to share it.

 
People expect me to stand up and push my beliefs down their throat.  On the other hand, they're being hypocrites and pushing theirs down mine.

 
I saw this on Pinterest as well.  It made me laugh because its true.  People are ignorant about nutrients.  They automatically think that meat is the only source of protein.
 
How do you deal with the endless commentary?
I try to take it with patience and understanding.  However, I tend to get angry when I hit my limit.  I feel like my views are not respected.  I respect yours, respect mine.  I'm only human and do reach my limit.  How do you react when you reach yours?
 
"Keep Moving Forward"

No comments:

Post a Comment