Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Zumba


This past Saturday, my circuit training class was cancelled because the trainer was out of town. So I went with a woman from the group to a Zumba class.

I've only taken one formal Zumba class and played my Zumba game on my Kinect. So I was excited to take another Zumba class. This one had a twist because the instructor added weights. She said to bring 1-3 lb weights. I only own 3 lbs weights, so I brought them. I didn't think it would be too difficult. Boy was I wrong! I was only able to use the weights once. It was a bit much for me. I didn't use them again the rest of the class because I didn't want to hurt myself. Since I'm so out of shape, I'm treating my body as a beginner. I take my time and listen to my body. When it says to slow down or stop, I do. I loved the class. I was soaked by the time it ended. 

Last time I took a class, I was more out of shape than I am now. I was barely able to get through a class. I'd get out of breath so bad that I had to stop in order to breathe. I guess I've improved since then because I was able to get through this class. I only had to stop once to stretch out my knee (I've had knee problems since I was fifteen). If my circuit training is ever cancelled again or I want to do something different, I think I'll go back to this class.  Definitely a good time.

What workouts have you done this week?

"Keep Moving Forward"

No comments:

Post a Comment