Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mushroom Soup


I got this recipe through Pinterest from pancakewarriors.com.  They call it the Best Ever Mushroom Soup.  It truly is the best ever!  I absolutely love mushroom soup and this is excellent!

Ingredients
- 1 lg white onion, diced
- 1 package white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 package baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 10 stalks fresh thyme, leaves removed (I used dried thyme)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 tbs liquid aminos (I used soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ground pepper

*When I sliced all the mushrooms it looked like a lot, but it's well worth it.

In a large saucepan/pot, over medium heat, add the diced onions.  Allow the onions to sweat (about 5-7 minutes).  Move the onions to the side of the pan, add mushrooms and allow to cook for five minutes.  Stir onions and mushrooms together.  Add thyme and continue to cook for about ten minutes.  Don't worry about the water (it's from the mushrooms as they reduce).  Add the bay leaf, salt, and soy sauce/liquid aminos.  Stir in the flour to the broth.  Add to mushrooms and stir.  Add milk.  Allow to cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Taste and add pepper to taste.  

I played with the amount of thyme, salt and pepper until it was to my liking.

I love this soup and recommend it.  It's delicious the next day!

What new recipes have you tried?

"Keep Moving Forward"

No comments:

Post a Comment