One of my favorite recipes I've tried so far are Breakfast Cookies. Yes! Cookies for breakfast!!
All you need are:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (I mashed mine with my new potato masher...so fun!)
- 1 1/2 cup oats (I used steel cut oats.)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Handful of unsweetened dried cranberries
- Handful of chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Drop by spoonful onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes. WARNING: These smell so yummy that your stomach will start growling!
Another favorite of mine is a detox water.
1 medium cucumber
10-12 mint leaves
Steep overnight in fridge and drink everyday. This is just a delicious option if you're sick of plain water and want flavor.
My last favorite that I will share in this post is Ratatouille Stew. I also got this recipe off Pinterest.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4" (I was able to buy these already pre-cut.)
- 3 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and chopped into 1/2" pieces
- Tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme (I used dried.)
- 1/4 tsp. fresh sage (I didn't have sage so I used other seasoning that I had in my cabinet.)
In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil and a pinch of sea salt, until fragrant and translucent. Add butternut squash and a pinch of sea salt, and all to cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add in zucchini and continue to cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add tomato sauce (I used a can) and herbs to the pot, and stir so all of the vegetables are covered. Once sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour (or longer), stirring occasionally. Stew is ready when the squash is softened to your liking.
All of these recipes I found on Pinterest and are scrumptious! I recommend trying one or all of them. Try at least one meatless dish a week.
"Keep Moving Forward"