Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate

The Minimalist Baker has a wonderful recipe for Mexican Hot Chocolate (that I so happen to have all the ingredients for in my pantry).  I didn't make the whipped cream that they have on there.  I thought it came out excellent.  I probably would put a little less chocolate in there next time.



Mine looked more like this but a little darker.


2 cups non-dairy milk (I used vanilla almond milk
3 tbsp cocoa powder or more for a more intense flavor (I would probably use 2 1/2 in the future)
2-3 tbsp sugar, agave (I used sugar)
Cinnamon (about 1/2 tsp)
A scant of nutmeg (just a dash)
A dash of cayenne (optional - I chose not to add this)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt

Boil the milk and then add all the other ingredients.  Wait until powder is dissolved.  Pour into mug and serve hot.

I would play around with the ingredients to find the right balance for you.

This is perfect on a cold night.

"Keep Moving Forward"

No comments:

Post a Comment