Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine's Day Fun

I'm not big on Valentine's Day.  There was a time that I hated the holiday.  However, I'm in a neutral point of view now.  I don't hate it but I don't love it either.  It is over-commercialized.  Valentine's Day is a real holiday that celebrates love.  Who says it needs to be romantic?  If you don't have a significant other, why not celebrate the love you have for your friends and family?  Reach out to someone who needs a hug or a kind word.  Hating the holiday is a waste of energy.  Sitting in the confines of your apartment eating chocolate or cupcakes and drinking alcohol while watching movies and scowling at the people out celebrating...is not very healthy.  Trust me, I've been there.  It makes you feel worse, not better.  Do something healthy instead.  Call a friend or family member, workout, eat a meal that you know will make you feel good after eating, and watch a comedy instead of a movie that will only depress you.  Treat yourself with love.


That is exactly what I did for Valentine's Day.  I did go out on a date with my guy, but it wasn't until 11:00pm!  So I took care of myself.  It was actually freezing and for some reason my heat wasn't working well.  So I curled up under tons of blankets with tea and watched some of my favorite movies.  Then I worked out and pampered myself.  I did my nails and took my time getting ready.  I enjoyed time to myself.




Sebastian surprised me with roses.  (Not sure if you'd call it a surprise since I told him I wanted roses about fifty times.)  They're not the most attractive roses, but the thought behind them is wonderful.  I wanted to experience the cheesy Valentine's Day.  So roses were perfect.  I gave him a card with love coupons that I made.  (A coupon for a fun weekend or getaway and one for a date night, etc.)

We went to Diva for a late dinner.  We got a bottle of wine that he picked out solely for the name.





We were seated in the back of the restaurant, which was nice because it felt private.  They had balloons up as decorations.  It was a nice, relaxing evening with my guy.

What did you do for Valentine's Day?

"Keep Moving Forward"

No comments:

Post a Comment