Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Stir Fry and Lemon Pasta


I made myself a stir fry this week.  I sauteed garlic in olive oil.  Then I added chopped asparagus, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, onions, and jalapenos.  I sauteed them with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin, and chili powder.  Then I made whole wheat spaghetti and then sauteed that with olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.  So delicious!  In fact, I loved it so much that I made the veggies again the next day with what I had left.  I think when I make something like this in the future, I'd do spaghetti squash instead of regular pasta.

I loved using all fresh vegetables.  Usually if I do a stir fry, its with whatever frozen veggies I have in my freezer because I ran out of fresh ones.  But this is so worth it.  I'm trying to cook in different ways so I don't get bored.  And it has been a lot of fun.

Do you have any favorite recipes or ways to cook?

"Keep Moving Forward"

No comments:

Post a Comment