Saturday, September 14, 2013

Running on Empty

I've been so busy lately.  I work 6-7 days a week.  All my spare time is spent prepping for an exam I'm taking in October.  I'm a sign language interpreter.  That's what my degree is in.  However, I cannot interpret until I get my license in the state I live in.  The test I will be taking will be my fourth attempt.  I'm one point away from passing.  I know I will pass this time, but that doesn't change my anxiety over it.  So I spend any spare minute I have trying to relax.  I watch movies, do my nails, listen to music, clean my apartment. 

I've been exhausted.  I lay down to sleep but lie awake instead.  I know I'm not getting enough sleep, but I still lie awake.  I'm planning on trying meditation, yoga nidra and a regular schedule (i.e. washing my face, brushing my teeth, putting on PJs, writing in my journal, yoga nidra/meditation).  Hopefully this will help my energy levels and help curb my anxiety.  As it is, I feel like I'm running on empty.

It's like I need coffee running into me through an IV.


My busy schedule plus a lack of sleep is not helping me any.  I need to work on this so I can stop running on empty.

Are you catching enough Zzz's?

"Keep Moving Forward"

2 comments:

  1. The pic is too funny! I know many people who would love to do that! LOL I have to take a sleeping aid once a week in order to feel energized and not get sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if my plan doesn't help, I might give a sleeping aid a try. I'm trying to avoid taking pills. I take enough vitamins...I don't want to add to the pile of pills.

      Delete